Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

She Touched My HEART and I Said YES !!


I know you all must be thinking here she goes again......... I don't want to go into too much explanation as to why I did this but the Title says it all I think....A 40th birthday cake for a musically inclined friend of ours requested by his dear wife. A Indian Classical Music Stage setting with few of the classical instruments. The base or the stage is made of vegetarian chocolate cake and the accents (Vennai, Mirudangam, Thamboolam with flowers floating, Indian Cymbals and the Leaf ), with fondant/ gumpaste. I didn't have enough time to experiment to see if I could make the Vennai (or  Venna,  a classical Indian musical string instrument ) all edible hence some parts of it like the strings etc is non edible.

As for my hands....I caused it, so have to go through with it. This time, it was especially taxing physically and time wise( I was asked  last Monday and till Wednesday I was still thinking of what to make while baking the cake, only on Thursday started doing something and finished it 4am Saturday!). At the end I was quite satisfied with what I was able to make  and very happy that they loved it but going through it again is what I wouldn't do till I fix my hands somewhat.......I know I am playing around with my hands instead of looking after it and there has to be a stop somewhere........ and hopefully it is from now on......
























No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be so lovely to hear your feedback. Please comment.