Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

Tutorial: The way I made my Waratah (Telopea speciosissima)


A quick picture tutorial on how I made my Waratah . Hope it will be of help to some people. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask :-)

 The materials used...................

  • Gumpaste + Red colour paste
  • Rolling pin, and Board
  • Ball  and  Dresden Tool
  • Water and paint brush
  • Crisco or Copha to roll out paste
  • Flower wire (I used #26 inner tips and #30 for the outside petals )
  • Burgundy petal dust for the inner central tips and apple green petal dust for the outer petal tips
  • Lily cutter or  you can print out the shape and cut it out on cardboard and use it as a template.
  • Corn starch to roll out the little circle using the ball tool
  • Thick and Thin sponge
  • Toothpick
  • Pliers to cut the wire
  • Polystyrene Balls ( next time I do this flower I would cover the ball with red gumpaste before doing the rest)















No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be so lovely to hear your feedback. Please comment.