Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Stepping Stones : Life so far and beyond..... ( 40th Birthday Cake)

I don't know whether what I have done on the cake is more confusing now than ever.....This is the first time I have had to think of explaining what I have done on a cake. I don't know what it says about my design sense ( A design on a cake has to speak for itself... here I don't know :-( ??) . 

I tried to depict major milestones in my hubby's life as stepping stones.

The 40th Birthday Cake..... 


Starts with the Blue Water Lily (Nymphaea stellata) on the cake board, the national flower to represent my hubby's roots and next is the first stepping  stone with the year he was born and baby hand prints. 


Way down the line comes the stone depicting when he landed 'Down Under' going onto the next layer of cake which contains the Golden Wattle (Acacia pycnantha) (last minute quick one) and  Waratah (Telopea speciosissima) the national and state floral emblems to symbolically represent the lovely country we have called home...... which contains the stones for the graduation , marriage and the year the kids were born.

Now going on to the next layer of cake containing the figurine representing my hubby ( a caricature?) about to step on a stone with 40 written on it,  holding a card my kids made for their Dad (Appa). The stepping stones after this is going into infinity to represent long life.....

Well that is my take on my cake made with love, I don't know whether you will like it ...love it or hate it BUT my Hubby loved it and I got away with putting flowers on the cake too ????... so that's what matters I guess.
Thank you so much for looking and hope you love it too :-)

















2 comments:

It would be so lovely to hear your feedback. Please comment.